Saturday, November 3, 2012

Let Us Be Thankful (part 1)

Well, it is officially November - unofficially, officially the month of thanks. I know that there are many things that I am thankful for: God, my family, food, friends, my church, freedom, food, seasons, fire (no I am not a pyro), mountains, chocolate, food, etc. (I’m sensing a pattern here with my love and thankfulness for food...) There are not enough hours in the day for me to get everything I need to get done and write a blog post each day for something I am thankful for. So I will try to summarize a few of the big things that I am grateful for. So let us begin!

During my senior year of high school I always wanted to be a part of the group of young singles in my church who did administrative tasks to serve the youth ministry - commonly known as the Youth Admin Team. Many of my close friends were on this team and since I was spending my first two years at the nearby community college, staying close to home, and also wanted to serve in some capacity within the church I thought this would be a good place to start.

worthy youth retreat || august 2008

worthy youth retreat || august 2008

junior/senior banquet || april 2009

These people have become like family. They are some of the most self-less serving people I know. Their love for God and passion to serve the youth ministry and spread the glorious truth of the gospel to them is amazing. I have been so blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of this team of people. We love to serve together at different events through out the year and we also have a LOT of fun doing it. If you were a third-party looking into the life of the admin team you would notice a few things: 

1) We love to serve - really...we do!

worthy youth retreat || august 2012


worthy youth retreat || august 2012
worthy youth retreat || august 2012

worthy youth retreat || august 2012

worthy youth retreat || august 2012
2) Sometimes we don't get much sleep during big events and become crazy

worthy youth retreat || august 2012

belly bumpers || worthy youth retreat || august 2012

belly bumpers || worthy youth retreat || august 2012

worthy youth retreat || august 2012

worthy youth retreat || august 2012

worthy youth retreat || august 2012

worthy youth retreat || august 2012

worthy youth retreat || august 2012

3) We love chipotle, smoothie king, and starbucks - but we certainly couldn't do anything without our fearless leader


the one and only Dave Brewer
As much as we laugh and make jokes and serve together, we are truly one big happy family. I know that I could count on any of these people to help me, to pray for me, and to encourage me. I am amazed and blessed each day that I get to serve along side them as we proclaim the Gospel of Christ to the youth of Covenant Life Church. I am so grateful for each and every one of them.



worthy youth retreat || august 2012

WE ARE TEAM ADMIN

No comments:

Post a Comment