Thursday, August 30, 2012

The joy of parents


dear blogging world: meet my momma.
dear momma: meet the blogging world.

now that all of the proper introductions have been made, let us proceed.

once upon a time in a land far, far away there was this woman who ended up marrying this dude.



a few years later they had some kids.




thus developing a wonderful family





and they lived happily ever after!!


“Her children rise up and call her blessed...” Proverbs 31:28a




Parents are one of those “undeserved blessings” in the life of a child. And there is certainly no adequate way to describe in words how grateful I am for my momma. The past 22 years I have been so blessed as I have been able to learn from her. She knows when to be serious, but also has a great sense of humor. 





She has the best laugh. She is the only person I know who can make the best homemade guacamole known to man. She tolerates my random Disney song singing and enjoys driving with the windows down as we sing along to HonkyTonk Badonkadonk. 

She has constantly served others and her family. “She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She looks well to the ways of her household...” (Proverbs 31:20 & 27a) Not only does she have the most amazing servants heart, she is one of the most godliest, wisest, patient people I know. “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” (Proverbs 31:26) She has constantly encouraged me over the years and faithfully sought to always point my brother and I back to the gospel.

She is my hero. She is unforgettable. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

“Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” (Proverbs 31:29-30)

Happy Birthday momma. I love you so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment